Friday, May 15, 2015

Springtime Morning at Crater Lake


Oil on linen on panel, 8 x 8 inches --

This is another painting I did at Crater Lake in the spring on my way back from California to Washington. There was still snow along the rim, but the road was cleared enough to drive up to the Village. The North end of the access road was still closed. Basically, the park was off-season, and there was no camping or lodging available inside the park.So I took an advice from a park ranger, and slept in my car, in the parking lot of a nearby recreational area, half way down the mountain. Fortunately I had a very warm sleeping bag and a blanket. It got almost below freezing overnight. I drove back up to the rim village where did an evening painting at, and painted this piece. It was cold and windy. But my Best-Brella stayed intact on my easel tripod with extra weight.


No comments: