Sunday, February 24, 2013

Eastbound Sunrise


Oil on canvas, 24 x 36 in. -- SOLD (Prints are available)

  I like painting birds as an allegory of my personal experiences. This painting is about a little bird flying in an airplane across the Pacific Ocean going eastbound. This is based on my experiences on taking international flights from Tokyo to Los Angels. My pet house sparrow, Tobi, is the model for this painting. I identify to her as an alien in the Unites States, as the house sparrows are not considered native birds. I will be painting more of this Eastbound series, and Tobi's adventure in my art will continue.

  This painting was displayed as a part of the Women Painters of Washington Traveling Show since last November at the Schack Art Center in Everett, WA. It was sold at the second venue, the Women Painters of WA Gallery in Seattle which ended last week. My replacement painting will continue traveling for the rest of the show.

No comments: