Thursday, August 2, 2012

Study of Swimming Pool


Oil on canvas on panel, 6 x 6 in.

Last weekend, my artist friend Lynne Haines and her husband, Tim, invited my husband and me to spend a weekend with them in Spokane, WA. Lynne and I did several paintings around there. My first painting spot was at the poolside. My first attempt was some sunflowers against the sky, but it didn't turn out, and I wiped it off, and painted this one - the swimming pool. I was drawn to the color of the water and the steps in the pool through the water. About half way through, I was done with the water and the edge of the pool. Then, Tim, the BBQ expert announced that the dinner is almost ready. So I quickly filled up the concrete poolside on my canvas with some paint. I like the way the water was rendered in this.

No comments: