Thursday, August 30, 2012

Moe and Aunt-Bea



Oil on linen on panel, 6 x 6 in. -- SOLD

Today was the first day of the Kittitas County Fair, in central Washington. I did a painting demonstration in the fine art exhibit room at the fairgrounds. This is the piece I did during the demo. There the chickens belong to our friends in Pullman. Moe is the Buff Orpington hen, and Aunt-Bea is the Rhode Island Red. My objective for this piece was to abstract the shapes, including faces. I squinted my eyes as often as I could during painting in order to see the abstracted shapes of values and colors better. This is another composition I'd like to paint on a larger canvas someday.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Naomi,

I love chickens and I love this painting! I can't believe this is a demo painting! Wow!