Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bride & Groom (in progress)


Oil on canvas, 18 x 24 in.

This is the oil painting in progress. So far, I've laid out the basic colors to cover the canvas, then started working on the figures in the foreground. I've been busy with other things going on in my life, and didn't spend as much time as I wished for painting last week. I've been visiting my husband in Pullman since last weekend, and working on this painting. For the last few days, I mainly worked on the faces of the figures which are the focal points of this piece. Tomorrow, after refining the foreground a little bit more with additional grass by the figures, I'm going to work on the landscape.
  We got three baby chicks today through mail order. They are so cute! Check it out on my Facebook.

No comments: