Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Geese on the Beach



We went to the Seattle area to visit our friends last weekend. While waiting for a ferry back from Vashon Island, we saw two Canada geese on the beach below the ferry port bridge. They were not so afraid of people and automobiles on the bridge. They were preening and napping for a long time. After walking around shooting photos of these still geese, I decided to paint this precious moment from the passenger seat of our truck. However, shortly after I got my pochade setup in side our vehicle, the geese woke up and started stretching their necks, That's why the birds look distorted. Plus, the cars started moving in to the ferry, and I had to finish up the very last part of the painting with imagination. But at least I managed to record all the colors I needed for studio painting.

No comments: