Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Unwind


Oil on linen on panel, 6 x 6 inches --

This is another portrait of our 11 year-old pet house sparrow, Tobi. Her name, Tobi, is Japanese for flight. She's a great flyer, and loves flying freely around in the house. She often visits me at my computer desk, and perches and relaxes on the big handle of wooden basket on the edge of my desk.

Recently, she injured her left shoulder, and she's disable to fly. She's been hanging on the bathroom counter top in our bedroom all day and night. I pinned a half-size, cubic Kleenex box a few inches above the counter as her nesting box, and lined it with a small soft rug as bedding. Every night she jumps into the box to sleep. Normally, this nesting box is pinned over our bedroom door, but she can't fly up there for a while. I can't wait to see her fly again soon.

No comments: