Friday, August 5, 2016

Three Sisters


Oil on canvas, 18 x 24 inches -- Sold

This painting is about the three young chickens we got a few years ago. When I took this reference photo, they were just a few months old. During the warm season, as  I walked to my studio on our property, these chicks would always follow me to the door. I usually let them hang out in my studio while I paint. I just leave the door open, so that they could pop outside to eat foliage or sun bathe as they want. The left girl is Kiki, the Barred Rock hen, the center is Kara, the Ameraucana, and the right one is Nikki, the Rhode Island Red. This moment really depicts their unique personalities.

This painting will be available at the live auction of the Heart of the West: Bozeman show. Absentee bidding/online bidding available. See more info...

No comments: