Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Leo the Rooster


Oil on linen on panel, 8 x 6 inches -- $165 (framed)
This is our sweet, handsome rooster, Leo. He's a year and half old Welsummer rooster. He's friendly with people. He loves to be held on the lap everyday. He has long orange-red feathers around head and back, and green iridescent dark feathers throughout the body, including the tail. I started out painting the individual tail feathers, but ended up going over it with a bigger brush with fewer strokes. I also tried to minimize hard edges, creating a soft and fresh impression. I painted this without my usual orange-red undertone, instead I used the mint green as abase for the background. I like how bright it turned out.

Available at:
Gallery One
408 N Pearl St, Ellensburg, WA 98926
(509) 925-2670

No comments: